May 10, 2021, the Government announced an updated list of workers who cannot work from home and who are part of Group 2 to register to receive the vaccine during the week of May 10. The link is here:
- Social workers and social services staff who provide in-person client services (including youth justice workers, Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program case workers).
- Transportation, warehousing and distribution workers (including public transit workers, truck drivers supporting essential services, marine and rail cargo and maintenance, highway maintenance).
- Electricity (including system operations, generation, transmission, distribution and storage workers).
- Communications infrastructure workers (including cellular, satellite, landline, internet, public safety radio).
- Water and wastewater management workers.
- Waste management workers.
Additionally, there are certain municipal workers who were already eligible to book, starting May 3:
- Workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers).
- Enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors, WSIB field workers).